Price : $53.55
Practical PHP and MySQL Website Databases is a project-oriented book that demystifies building interactive, database-driven websites. The focus is on getting you up and running as quickly as possible. In the first two chapters you will set up your development and testing environment, and then build your first PHP and MySQL database-driven website. You will then increase its sophistication, security, and functionality throughout the course of the book. The PHP required is taught in context within each project so you can quickly learn how PHP integrates with MySQL to create powerful database-driven websites.
Each project is fully illustrated, so you will see clearly what you are building as you create your own database-driven website. You will build a form for registering users, and then build an interface so that an administrator can view and administer the user database. You will create a message board for users and a method for emailing them. You will also learn the best practices for ensuring that your website databases are secure. Later chapters describe how to create a blog, a product catalog, and a simple e-commerce site. You will also discover how to migrate a database to a remote host. Because you are building the interactive pages yourself, you will know exactly how the MySQL and PHP work, and you will be able to add database interactivity to your own websites with ease.
What you’ll learn
- Download and use a free development and test platform.
- Create interactive database-driven websites.
- Learn how to make website databases secure.
- Create sophisticated projects, such as blogs and e-commerce sites.
- Create user friendly and secure interfaces.
- Migrate a site to a remote host.
Who this book is for
Practical PHP and MySQL Website Databases is for web developers who wish to begin designing database-driven websites. The book is an excellent choice for people who have HTML and CSS skills but would also like to learn MySQL and PHP. For readers who have little or no knowledge of PHP, the book will teach enough PHP to complete all the projects in the book. Web developers who are ready to move beyond the basics or who have not kept up-to-date with their MySQL and PHP knowledge will also benefit from Practical PHP and MySQL Website Databases. College and university I.T. teachers will find that Practical PHP and MySQL Website Databases is an excellent set text, the projects would form a basis for students to adapt for their course work.
Table of Contents
- Create and Test a MySQL Database and Table
- Create Web Pages that Interact with Users
- Setting Up Logins for Your Website Users
- Creating an Administration Interface
- Expanding and Enriching your Website
- Security and Validation
- Migrating to a Host and Backing Up Your Website Database
- Creating a Product Catalog
- Adding Multiple Tables and Other Enhancements
- Creating a Message Board
- E-commerce: A Brief Introduction
- Troubleshooting Your Database-Driven Website
- Appendix A: Resources