Price : $6.11
Written from a series of college lectures on PHP and MySQL this book is a practical look at programming. It starts with an introduction to PHP and then goes on to MySQL and how to use SQL with the PHP language.
It provides an introduction to web programming, how to display data from a database and update data to a database. It explains issues that you encounter in real world situations and provides the basic code from which you can then use for further development.
Many of the chapters consists of a series of examples and tasks which are intended to illustrate each point and concentrate on simplified code so that you can see how to use it. All code is available for download from the web site to make it easier for you.
PHP and MySQL are a terrific open source combination to create dynamic database driven web sites which are being used in many web applications such as WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. This is where it’s at – don’t be left behind – it is not as difficult as you think.
* Introduction – Basic PHP concepts.
* Variables – Variables, programming techniques and so on.
* Forms and PHP – Posting data between forms.
* Arrays – loops and array structures.
* Basic PHP structures – using include files.
* Functions – writing and using your own functions.
* Posting Forms – how forms work.
* Email Forms – an email form.
* SQL and MySQL – Querying database tables using SQL.
* An Example table – some example data.
* Database Access – how to connect to a database.
* Using PHP and MySQL – an example form.
* Further PHP and MySQL – More PHP and MySQL.
* Error handling and debugging – Simple methods to find errors.
* Cookies and Sessions – When and where to use them.
* Modifying Records – editing and updating databases with PHP and SQL.
* Classes – An introduction to object orientated programming.
* File Handling – Reading and writing to text files.
* Regular Expressions and Validation – Some validation methods.
* PDO Class – an example of a class for PDO.
* PHP Cart – a full working shopping cart example.
* PHP security – Some methods to overcome this issue.
* jQuery, Ajax and Bootstrap.
* htaccess and php.ini – how to use them.
* WordPress Plugins – an introduction to creating a WordPress Plugin.
* Appendix – XAMPP server and MySQL Management.
Note that you do not have to have a Kindle to read the eBook. You can download and read it on a desktop computer, tablet or any other device that has a compatible Kindle software reader.
New in this edition
As time has moved on and the technology has changed and improved, it is important to keep up to date with the latest methods in PHP, MySQL, front-end development with JQuery and associated methods. In this new edition, I have added new examples, expanded code explanations and updated material. In particular:
* The removal of code and descriptions only relevant to PHP versions earlier than PHP 7.
* Expansion of code examples.
* More explanation of code as used for connecting to databases using PDO and mysqli.
* Further details in data validation.
* Best coding principles and practices.
* Plus many other changes.